win 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
hi, I am trying to add my win 2000 server to my home setup but I am having probs. I have a dsl modem connecting to a netgear router which I have 2 machines connected to it. ! is xp connected fine but I can't get win 2000 connected. can II please get some help. Much appreciated.

tia

Check device manager to see if the network card is installed properly and working with no error. Just like Windows XP, it shouldn't be a problem configuring it to connect to the router. If Windows XP is set to automatically obtain an IP and DNS address from the DHCP server on the router, chances are you'll have to do the same for 2000 server. If DHCP server is disable, manually set the IP and DNS so that it correspond with the current network used by the router. Check command prompt, type ipconfig /all to verify that you receive and have the IP and DNS information.

Test your connectivity by pinging 127.0.0.1, then the IP address, then the default gateway, then the DSN, then 216.239.51.99, then www.google.com. Open up a web browser and go to www.google.com to test the application layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom