Win 10/ Updates/ BSOD's

Pezzy

In Runtime
Hi all.

I've had the Win 10 OS since it came out a couple of years ago. Now, I've had more than one desktop system since Win 10's release, but, I think I've noticed some kind of pattern.

At home, no matter which desktop system I've had Windows 10 on (and it's been three different desktop systems), after a Windows Update, restart, login, sometimes I'll get a BSOD.

I don't mean for this to sound like I receive blue screens ALL the time after every Windows Update, but, that does seem to be when it happens.

And it doesn't have to be a "major" Update. For instance, about a month ago or so, I updated to the Fall Creators Update; no problems. But then last night, this happened:

Before I go to bed, I usually shut down my computer completely. Well, you know how Windows 10 has that feature where if you don't manually do a restart yourself after an Update, it will wait for your "Inactive Hours" and do an auto reboot. Well, I go to shut down my computer, and I see that it's at the splash screen (the screen where you tap any key, the screen slides up, revealing your Username and the blank field to enter your password). So, it must have done an auto reboot after some updates.

I tap my spacebar, enter my password, it goes to my desktop, and, (I'm a little bleary-eyed, late at night, ready for bed) I see a little tiny template in the middle of my screen and I can see the word "driver" in there, and an "OK" button to click. I click the "OK" button, and, *poof*, BSOD.

My machine rebooted, and everything's fine now.

But anybody else notice this with Win 10? This pattern? That after some kind of Windows Update, you get a BSOD?

And remember: I've had three different desktop systems with Windows 10, and I seem to notice these BSOD's after a Windows Update; not while gaming, or, doing something that demands a lot of system resources, graphically-intense, etc. Just after a Windows Update and logging into the desktop.

Thanks for any help or insight,
Pez

NO issues so far- updates when I tell it to- assigned time when I am at work. But, I don't shut off my PC - I shut off monitor only.

Back
Top Bottom