• No, I'll be sticking with Windows 7

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Windows XP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Windows Vista

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Mac OS!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I'll be sticking with <insert Linux distro>, tell us in the comments!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Unless I get a touch screen monitor or a laptop with a touch screen, i do not see myself getting Windows 8. In all seriousness, i really needs to see big advantage for me to move from Windows 7 right now.
Ironic thing is that I dispise any one touching my monitor, and I normally have to resist the temptation to rip fingers off and break knuckles of those people who do touch my monitor screen

I don't know if I want Windows 8 or not. I'm leaning toward the idea of no simply because Windows 7 works really well for me. It's got the best ui. The ui is so efficient that I forget I'm even using it. However I haven't tried Window 8 since it was in it's early beta stages and didn't even have tileworld (or at least I never found it). I've also heard Windows 8 just runs slower. At some point I will give it an honest chance though.

I won't be switching my main computer to Win 8 anytime soon but I have had it running in a VM since the first Preview. I have it on test machines at work since I have to make sure our product supports Win 8. Even though my main machine will stay on Win 7, I will be using Win 8 on a daily basis regardless.

I don't see any added advantage for me to go from Win 7 to Win 8. The lack of a Start button doesn't bother me but Win 8 doesn't do anything for me that I can't already do in Win 7. Maybe if I had a touchscreen system.

Last edited:
The only thing that I found as a definite negative is the minimum screen size. I bought the Windows 8 upgrade for 14.99 for the intended use of putting it on my little handy dandy netbook with a screen size of 1024x600...

Windows 8 must have a resolution of 1366x768 to fully use the OS. So now I might duel boot my gaming laptop, but I really don't see a need for doing so.

Hey KSOD, since I bought the upgrade, how long is the product code good for? I had some issues with a copy of 7 OEM I bought, but didn't install until months later. Then had to call MS in order to prove that it was a legit copy. Any insight?

Well it appears I am screwed and will have to waste some money on a smaller cheap SSD. Review manager doesn't want 8, but site admin says if we want to continue reviewing we have to have an 8 setup to conform to new standards. I find this to be BS and I think he is paid off. We weren't forced to use Vista over XP at all.

Back
Top Bottom