will this xp work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you would have read the article i linked to abou thte difference between OEM and Retail all that information was right in there. ;)

I am sure it was directed at you as you helped him more than me. :p

If you would have read the article i linked to abou thte difference between OEM and Retail all that information was right in there. ;)

I read it, and when i read this part

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer. This is the software that is used by Dell, Hp and the rest and comes pre-installed on your pre-built machines. If you buy it from places like Newegg it does not come with any boxes or instructions. It will be just the disc.

i thought the computer needed it preinstaled or something lol thats why i got confused. Cause the computer we bought has no OS on it what so ever yet.

But i also state later:

Yes buying a OEM from a site like NewEgg is completely legal and can be used.

Can be used means that it can be used just like any other software. I will edi thtat now and clarify this better.

But i also state later:

Yes buying a OEM from a site like NewEgg is completely legal and can be used.

Can be used means that it can be used just like any other software. I will edi thtat now and clarify this better.

oohh opes lol sorry, i read fast so some things i miss read :) sorry. kk cool, well we were going to go with newegg with the XP but this OEM site is alot cheaper so we gonig to buy the xp from them.

Like i stated in there it doesnt matter what site you get it from. NewEgg is jsut a example. I know other sites are cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom