will it be worth the upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joowan

In Runtime
im currently on vista home premium (pre SP1) and as you can see in my sig, this is my new build. so to take full advantage of every aspect of my new rig, (which will be a multimedia machine/ gaming rig) is it worth to upgrade to vista ultimate 64bit +SP1 or just stay with current OS?

if i go ultimate 64bit my older system with home premium will be my dad's machine to run office apps

Well Ultimate gives you everything vista has to offer including extras like dream scape. It also seems to run "better" then Vista home. In the end it all depends on how well vista likes your rig will determine how well vista will work and what features will work. To answer your question I would say do it but that's just my opinion! I ran XP Pro not home in the past, i always go for the "better" version!

Two reasons why you SHOULD upgrade, one you are moving from home premium to ultimate. The second reason is 64 is better than 32 bit. I'd go into the details of both but i'm sure you're well aware.

While i dont agree with the should upgrade cause it is Ultimate over Home Premium. I will say that yes 64 Bit is better than 32 Bit Vista.

I will say that SP1 is a necessity. It helps make Vista much faster and clams down the memory usage. Microsoft finally announced that SP1 was made to help make Vista faster and help its performance. So no matter what your choice is. SP1 is a necessity.

Take a look at what you'll be paying extra for. I can't see anything in Vista Ultimate that would make gaming or multimedia any better than Home Premium. In my case there are zero features in Vista Ultimate that I need or could use.

As for 32bit vs 64bit why not try both. It won't cost anything extra. I have a 64bit version I keep imaged and play with from time to time. The only problem I found with the 64bit version so far is there are no up to date video drivers that support wide screen video modes with my video card.

Windows Vista: Compare editions

Take a look at what you'll be paying extra for. I can't see anything in Vista Ultimate that would make gaming or multimedia any better than Home Premium. In my case there are zero features in Vista Ultimate that I need or could use.

As for 32bit vs 64bit why not try both. It won't cost anything extra. I have a 64bit version I keep imaged and play with from time to time. The only problem I found with the 64bit version so far is there are no up to date video drivers that support wide screen video modes with my video card.

Windows Vista: Compare editions

the only 2 pros im going for for the 64bit vista ultimate is for

1. SP1
2. Recognition of all my ram.

i probably will be upgrading.

the only 2 pros im going for for the 64bit vista ultimate is for

1. SP1
2. Recognition of all my ram.

i probably will be upgrading.

I am sorry. WHA?

Every version has SP1. Every 64 Bit version can recognize your RAM. Even Vista Home Basic 64 Bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom