Will this work?? - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #31 (permalink)
Super Techie

Talking Re: Will this work??

I've been using vista ulitmate for 2months now....and I like it. It's still easier to use xp pro and I have a few programs that aren't compatible with Vista. I've adjusted well and am using vista 24/7.

Makvli, easy bro. It's just an OS that we are talking about. No need to get bent out of shape just because someone doesn't like Vista. Listen, within time, Vista will be the main OS just like xp. Just give the rest of us some time to get used to vista.

Back to the main topic, Vista will run on a pc with 512mb of ram but it will be rather sluggish. I installed it once on a compaq evo N620c laptop and it ran surprisingly well.
Anyway, good luck to all of you who will one day install vista. BTW, disabling many services under vista helps a whole lot.

Ultra PS, Ultra Mid Tower Case
Lite-on internal DVD-R, Samsung Lite-Scribe Ext. DVD-R
2 Acer 19" widescreen LCD's. For HTPC Olevia 32" LCD
Old 08-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Neowin.net

Default Re: Will this work??

true, the services tweaks help a bunch. heres a site that has some excellant tweaks and info.

TweakVista.com - Tweaks and Tips for Windows Vista™

Old 08-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing

Send a message via MSN to Nick
Default Re: Will this work??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2duo View Post
I've been using vista ulitmate for 2months now....and I like it. It's still easier to use xp pro and I have a few programs that aren't compatible with Vista. I've adjusted well and am using vista 24/7.

Makvli, easy bro. It's just an OS that we are talking about. No need to get bent out of shape just because someone doesn't like Vista. Listen, within time, Vista will be the main OS just like xp. Just give the rest of us some time to get used to vista.

Back to the main topic, Vista will run on a pc with 512mb of ram but it will be rather sluggish. I installed it once on a compaq evo N620c laptop and it ran surprisingly well.
Anyway, good luck to all of you who will one day install vista. BTW, disabling many services under vista helps a whole lot.
i agree with you, cant wait till its mainstream and we'll be able to laugh at old school XP fanboys

Closed Thread