Will this work??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
OK my dad went away for the weekend and his computer was loaded with viruses and needs 2 get reformatted before it will work. but I only have a vista dvd and his computer has xp.

The system is
P4 2.66GHZ
512MB ram
80GB hdd
VIa/S3G unichrom IGP 64MB video

Will vista basic work on this computer?

it seems good enough for basic, because the video card and ram are weak. also I've seen systems like that being sold with home basic already on them. so if it runs the basic ui why would u say it will b slow as ****?

Vista isnt stable, and your just meeting the requirements not the recommended specs.

And if you know that it will work, why are you asking on this website?

Vista isnt stable, and your just meeting the requirements not the recommended specs.

And if you know that it will work, why are you asking on this website?

Vista is MORE STABLE THAN XP!!!! Will you people please learn that. **** you people really **** me off with your stupid remarks about how unstable it is. There are far less patches for Vista than XP EVER HAD. Even 6 months after its release.

If you want to blame people for the instability of Vista try blaming Creative, ATi, nVidia and the rest for their crappy driver support. Also blame Apple and other software makers for their crappy and slow development of Vista compatable software.

I have run Vista for so long already and have yet to find more than 3 applicaitons i used on XP that DO NOT work on Vista. Every applicaiton works and i have even found some better replacements for some old applicaitons.

To answer your question Mikee....I would do it. I have a PC that has a 2.6 Celeron with 1GB of RAM and it runs Home PRemuim BETTER than it did XP. Since you only want to use Basic i dont see why not. Better security, better OS. Vista is more stable IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT. Other than that XP is a old dog just waiting to die.

Vista is MORE STABLE THAN XP!!!!

not really

There are far less patches for Vista than XP EVER HAD. Even 6 months after its release.

Thats because Microsoft sucks at making a SP.

To answer your question Mikee....I would do it. I have a PC that has a 2.6 Celeron with 1GB of RAM and it runs Home PRemuim BETTER than it did XP. Since you only want to use Basic i dont see why not.

Running a resource hog on a slow computer?

Better security, better OS. Vista is more stable IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT. Other than that XP is a old dog just waiting to die.

Vista is more of a failure than XP.

Vista is MORE STABLE THAN XP!!!! Will you people please learn that. **** you people really **** me off with your stupid remarks about how unstable it is. There are far less patches for Vista than XP EVER HAD. Even 6 months after its release.

If you want to blame people for the instability of Vista try blaming Creative, ATi, nVidia and the rest for their crappy driver support. Also blame Apple and other software makers for their crappy and slow development of Vista compatable software.

I have run Vista for so long already and have yet to find more than 3 applicaitons i used on XP that DO NOT work on Vista. Every applicaiton works and i have even found some better replacements for some old applicaitons.

To answer your question Mikee....I would do it. I have a PC that has a 2.6 Celeron with 1GB of RAM and it runs Home PRemuim BETTER than it did XP. Since you only want to use Basic i dont see why not. Better security, better OS. Vista is more stable IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT. Other than that XP is a old dog just waiting to die.

Theres no reason to flame me, just state your opinion without be offensive.

I am not a fanboy. Look at the facts.

XP releases in 2001. Before it even hits the market it is already leaked with a Corporate serial. Within the first month of XP releases there are major flaws which leads to numerous patches. With the release of SP1 a few flaws are fixed but to this day XP still remains the most HACKED OS EVER.

Vista released Jan 2007. Leaked to the net. 3 of 4 known cracks patched first 2 months. To date Vista has only 30 Important updates. Can the same be siad of XP in it first 6 Months? NO!!

So why dont you 3 stop trying to say i am a fanboy and read between the lines. The truth is there. Vista has had no where near as many flaws and attacks against it in its first 6 months than XP has in the same amount of time. There are almost as many XP PAtches since Jan 07 as there are Vista patches. And you say XP is more secure?!? HOW?

When you can give me facts and show me that XP is more stable for a OS of 6 years comapred to 6 months. I will back off. Till you can show me how XP is far superior and more secure with FACTS not opinions.

As i have shown Vista to date is more secure. It has had 3 major flaws. ALL PATCHED. The ,ani cursor wasnt even a Vista flaw it was a kernel flaw which affected all version of Windows since 2000.

You say i am a fanboy. I say i see the truth and dont get swallowed in by ********. I use the software long enough to make the decision for myself instead of believing people who don tknow wtf they are talking about.

If i offend someone oh well. It has to be said. Everyone is on a Vista bash. What happens when Vista is all that is available? Then everyone will be right back to where we were when XP was released. Or am i the only one here old enough to remember those days? When there was nothing but XP bashing as far as the eye could see about how bad it was and nothing worked.

Get over it. Change is a normal process of life. If you cant change then you shouldnt be on the internet.

It won't be installed because Vista has minimum requirements 128mb graphics card for Home Premium and Ultimate. I'm not sure if the same happens in Vista Basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom