Will vista support big screen res?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acoustic5679

Baseband Member
I have a 1080p westinghouse monitor and I curently have XP going through it in my living room. Its nice, but no matter how much I change font and icon sizes its too small to view. Web pages and other things are just way to hard to see from back at the couch which is about 4 or 5 feet away. Will Vista support some kind of mode that will make all icons, text and other features more viewable for a 42 inch display???

This has ntohing to do with Vista or XP. This has everything to do with you Video Card. The vid card is what controls the Resolution.
So if you cant get it to fit on screen that is because you video card can not reach that high of a resolution. To be honest i dont know any viedo cards that can. At least not alone. For a good resolution on a 42 inch TV you will need at least a SLi config. If not Quad SLi.

My video card actually goes above 1920x1080 if I had a monitor that would handle it. My video card easily takes my 1920x1080 res onto my 42" 1080p monitor and fills the whole 42 inches. My question was "is vista going to have a better text size and fon't size options". I can make the icons and the text below them big enough. But on web pages you can only make the text "largest" under Explorers view menu. It isn't nearly big enough. I suppose this would be a Windows explorer issue, not the OS. I wonder if the new explorer will address this. I hope that clears up my question.

Your best way to find out. Try Internet Explorer 7 Beta. It is the same one that is in VIsta. Vista will only have some better security.

But i highly doubt it. They dont give you the option to choose the text size. The only thing you can do is make it small to large.

your screen res is just how much it stretches the screen... or more reasonably how far the screen appears to move back in your monitor... that's why the higher the res the smaller the icons... as for being able to make the icons and words smaller or bigger i believe that it will be the same setup as windows xp... just maybe even more user friendly... i don't think there will be a big change in this aspect of vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom