Will not connect to the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawmaterial

In Runtime
I have a Laptop that will only connect to the internet via Ethernet in safe mode. When i try to use the computer in normal mode the computer will not access the internet any help will do it! I tried using that winsock program it did not work. Thanks!

try doing a driver rollback. sounds to me like the driver doesn't work, so wen u run in safe-mode, it's using the basic driver. If you need specific directions, lemme know.

try doing a driver rollback. sounds to me like the driver doesn't work, so wen u run in safe-mode, it's using the basic driver. If you need specific directions, lemme know.

It's using the same driver in both safe and normal. I tried rolling back drivers still no success, thank you for your help.

Uninstall and reinstall the nic driver. Then go into the command prompt and do a >ipconfig /all and see if it says there is no device connected or if you get an ip address.

Ar you connected through a switch, or just a dsl/cable modem. If you are getting an IP address then your nic is working and its something else farther down the line that is causing the problem.

Also, try disabling any firewalls and try resetting winsock and Tcp/IP

Open Command prompt an try this command to reset Winsock "netsh winsock reset" (Use without quotes)

Try this also

"netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt " without quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom