Will Gparted work to partition a new SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
THanks to Mak, I learned the importance of using Gparted rather than the Windows partition tools. So I am very happy about that. Since then I have partitioned many HDD's and it worked flawlessly each time [Yeaaaahhh]!

Now, I have a new question: Will Gparted work to partition a new SSD?

ANd I just thought of one more question, but first some info I have assimilated over the last few weeks of reading about this new world called SSD's...

Some people are saying leave as much as 20% of the SSD free from usage, whereas others are saying leave 5%...

Ok, how much should I leave free AND should that free unused portion of the SSD be behind a partition?

Thanks,

Soar

Yes GParted will work on an SSD. After all it is a hard drive right?

As far as the space goes, i have heard this as well. But the same can be said of any and all hard drives. You never want to fill them up. You should always leave roughly 5% free. It has been that way as far back as i remember.

Yes GParted will work on an SSD. After all it is a hard drive right?

As far as the space goes, i have heard this as well. But the same can be said of any and all hard drives. You never want to fill them up. You should always leave roughly 5% free. It has been that way as far back as i remember.

Thanks Mak. Will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom