Wierd Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumdum8684

In Runtime
Does anyone know of a program or simple scenario that can cause the End Now Message Box to pop up? I'm not looking for one to hang when you are shutting down but rather one that if you try and close it, windows will ask you to End it Now because it has stopped responding.

If you don't know of anything DON'T POST saying "there isn't any way to do it."

Any suggestions would be great...o yeah one more thing is that if you give me a program to try, it must be able to be run without being installed and preferably relatively small in size. Another idea is to give me some code either in VB or C++ (or even AutoIt) that can cause the program to stop responding. I know most people try to get rid of this problem and I'm trying to create it...lol thats life.

I'm just looking for something to test a program that I have been working on and I need some solid way to test it. Thanks for your help in advance.

-Aaron

Check to make sure its not in your startup list like in MSCONFIG. If its running in there and it gives you that message when you shut it down, disable it, reboot, start the program back up, wait a few minutes, then try to shut it down again. See if that makes a difference.

sorry i must not have been clear about what i want...

I want a script, program, or scenario that i can make the End Now pop up. I'm not trying to get rid of it. I want it to happen.

I want to have a way to test a program that I am working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom