This is wierd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

air_man_woody

Baseband Member
(I run Win KP Pro) OK, so they other day I ran a Spyware scan on my computer and I started deleting them one by one and then I came to the ones in the "C:/Documents and Settings/Chris/" folder and to my surprise, there was no "Local Settings" folder with my temp internet files etc in there. I've tried to unhide everything and it's just not there, but when I run a search or a spyware scan, it says it is there!! I don't know how to recover access/visibilty of this folder. I'm all out of ideas. Can anyone help me??

Yes, i can access it through cmd.exe in WIN XP; but I still don't understand why I can't see it in WIN XP when I open the Documents and Settings/Chris folder.

Also, although I can't see it on the Documents and Settings/Chris folder, if I try to create a new folder named "Local Settings", it says it already exists......I have no idea what is going on with this. LOL

Win XP is pretty sneaky with files I have found some stange things such as a hidden account Registered to Microsoft Corperation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom