Widows upgrade issue question

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I put a SSD hybrid drive in my laptop and of course windows is now giving me that famous windows is not legitimate error, Was planning to try and go through all the red tape and try and get it cleared but kind of getting lazy, Do you think the windows 10 upgrade will instal and clear it since it will be reading the OEM number right out of the PC, everything but the HD if stock and it's a little older but works great for what I use it for.

Dauntae

What "red tape"? You just have to call in the activation if it won't activate online. Takes literally 10 minutes (less than that even). All you gotta do is read off the numbers on the screen into the phone, it'll verify it, and then it'll have you enter in a series of numbers into the activation window. Easy peasy.

Lol told you I was feeling lazy, haven't used it in a few weeks and the question piped into my head. Although the last time I came across this problem MS told me I had to contact the manufacturer of the PC in question which was a Acer and unless you can prove its under a warrantee they will NOT even speak with you and give you to a outside contractor to get it fixed for a price. Not sure how Dell is about that but hopefully I can do it without issue.

It's an automated system, so you shouldn't have to actually talk to MS. The system will ask how many PC's you've installed it on and just say "one" and it'll continue with the activation.

The only time I've actually had to talk to MS during an activation attempt was when I worked in a PC shop in high school, and a person brought their computer in for a reinstall, and their copy of XP wasn't genuine. Otherwise I've done it without any issues on many OEM systems.

The automated option is missing on the lap top, I did however call MS and they verifies the windows key is legit so I have to call back during business hours and talk to a tech..... Well at least I'm getting farther than I did with the Acer I had this issue with.

There are two areas for activation in Windows 8. One in the PC settings (the new Windows 8 ones), and one in the "System" area in the control panel, the same as Windows 7. I had to manually activate the PC using both menus... lol

The automated option is missing on the lap top, I did however call MS and they verifies the windows key is legit so I have to call back during business hours and talk to a tech..... Well at least I'm getting farther than I did with the Acer I had this issue with.

Manually bring up the phone activation window:
Activate Windows 8 by Phone

i get the list but all the options are there BUT that one, I'll try to get a screenshot for you. Anywho I'm going to deal with the tech just as long as he isn't asking for CC numbers

Back
Top Bottom