wich vista for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulafien

In Runtime
building a new comp soon will probably get vista to go along with it. was wondering what version of vista is best for gaming?

They would all work equally well, you just have to see if you want the extra features editions like Ultimate have. If those extras aren't important to you, then just get Home Premium--that's what most ppl seem to be doing.

Ultimate isn't really worth the few extra features for the amount of money difference. Just go with Home Premium.

I got Ultimate 64 (it came on my new laptop, so whatever, it's nice) and games run great on it. However, all versions are essentially the same base so games won't run different on different versions. If you have a 64 bit chip, make sure you get the 64 bit edition (either Home Premium or Ultimate).

ok is there a list of 64 bit compatible games somewhere?

and while were at it how about a list of games that use multicore as well!

here are the games i currently play

neverwinter nights 1
neverwinter nights 2
batlefield 1942
battlefield 2142
joint ops
oblivion

and generally a lot of single player rpgs

Home Premium

Most games should have patches for Vista out there. You will have to check the games website as there isnt a index of 64 Bit compatible games anywhere.

Im about to get the ultimate edition 32bit, but isn't there a problem where if u have 4gb memory, it wont even boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom