Wi-Fi Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

phandentium

In Runtime
I seem to have a casual problem with connecting to the Wireless newtork at my house. Sometimes I am connected to the network and I can't go online. Other times the network is not found on the list.

I considered it being a virus, but I am able to connect to my School's wireless network. I also considered it being my hardware but I can connect problem free on my Linux partition.

I am guessing it is either some sort of incompatibility problem or a DHCP problem. I ran out of ideas and I need help with this. If someone could please tell me what is going on.

Oh and before I forget, here are specs of the router and the wireless card.

Card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG
Router: Dell Wireless 2350 Broadband router (Dell, I know it sucks, but my dad refuses to get anything non-dell. :( )

uninstall your wifi card and all programs/drivers associated with wirless. Let windows reinstall the hardware for you then insert the driver cd but dont install the wireless software. Go to the device manager and update the drivers for the card and only let windows install the driver for the card and not the software so you can let windows manage it not the manus program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom