Why would windows randomly restart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok my computer took a crap a couple days ago when my aunt spilled beer on my motherboard when putting ram in and the motherboard fried. I went and got another one and thought I might have to reinstall windows but I didnt have to. After a couple of hours my computer started to randomly reboot and would even get past windows loading screen and/or login for windows. I wipped my drive and forgot I didnt have a xp cd handy. I then tried a dvd of windows and that didnt work because of issues/errors and restarts but I figured just cause it was a pirated version. I finally got a xp pro Legit copy free from a friend that was one of the origonal versions to come out before sp1 and 2 from 2001. I installed and already I was getting errors in terms of updates and installs. Anyone have any ideas? My system is a p4 2.8ghz with ht tech and 800mhz fsb. 1gb ram 2x512mb sticks pc3200. ati radeon 9600xt 128mb. I have a 120gb hd i just got that installed xp on and a 60gb hd I have had which has stuff on it that seemed to be infected but I deleted what macafee said was infected and all seems fine. Once again anyone tell me what to try to fix this and if it means my system is wrecked?

No, everything. I mean i get win32 errors and everything. Just running stuff kills the pc in terms of errors and then restarts. A person said it could be my hd which is a maxtor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom