Why Vista is such a failure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know what a hard core gamer is gonna do? You dont know for sure what anyone will do. Each person makes their own mind up.

Plus in less than 6 months there wont be a choice. XP will be off the market then and Vista will be the only choice. So either get used to it now or get used to it later.

First off not everyone is a hardcore gamer and there are quite a few more people that game casually and wont spend 2g's on a rig to run vista, which is why vista is failing because maybe they are only targeting a market where people have money to spend on an expensive rig, secondly thats the worst attitude ever, just because vista will inevitably be forced down our throats by a monopolizing company like Microsoft does not mean we have to surrender and go out to buy vista, many people will still use xp if they do not fix vista up a bit more, just because vista will only be available doesn't mean people will automatically buy it if it means its inferior

As for your post of a 1000 dollar computer can run vista, well maybe it can but can you game as well on it if you had xp on the same 1000 dollar rig? i think not there will still be a major frame drop especially on the lower end rigs

Vista is a great program, the problem is that they are trying to replace a 7 year old mature product that really doesnt need to be replaced.

First off not everyone is a hardcore gamer and there are quite a few more people that game casually and wont spend 2g's on a rig to run vista, which is why vista is failing because maybe they are only targeting a market where people have money to spend on an expensive rig, secondly thats the worst attitude ever, just because vista will inevitably be forced down our throats by a monopolizing company like Microsoft does not mean we have to surrender and go out to buy vista, many people will still use xp if they do not fix vista up a bit more, just because vista will only be available doesn't mean people will automatically buy it if it means its inferior

As for your post of a 1000 dollar computer can run vista, well maybe it can but can you game as well on it if you had xp on the same 1000 dollar rig? i think not there will still be a major frame drop especially on the lower end rigs

I paid just over $1500 (including the $400 price tag for vista) for my computer (in sig) and I have no problem running vista and I game on it. With most settings of most games maxed out or very close to max. I should have gotten a better video card though. Oh well.

Your opinion is just biased. You are upset cause you didn't do your research before you bought the OS and now you regret it. This whole thing is your personal opinion. There have been several people in this thread alone that have already stated how Vista works just fine for them.

It is fine we are all entitled to our opinion. But plain and simple. Stop trying to pass off your opinion as fact. You do not know what the casual gamer will spend on their PC nor will you know if they will like Vista and the performance it gives. You can claim that XP is faster all you want. For you it is. For others it isnt. It is all personal opinion. Not fact.

One reason Vista is more of a failure than it could be is because of the multitude of threads like this. People bash Vista and other people listen without looking into it for themselves. Then those inexperienced people start bashing Vista too. It's a snowball effect.

snowball for sure, and it is sad. Vista is wonderful! I dont use it because it doesnt support a few things that I want it to, but for a OS that just started, it is wonderful. This is their best upgrade so far. Not saying that XP needed to be upgraded.. but still.

Only thing left to say is what everyone else already said..

I can understand having a few less frames per second on a game, but I'm thinking there is something issue with your computer or vista install causing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom