Why is my Nero 7 Ultra edition causing serious error/shut downs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

Since installing Nero 7 Ultra, I am having some consistent issues.

One, my system will often shut down and do an automatic restart. Then a window appears that say System has recovered from a serious error. It says the driver is causing windows to shut down due to a serious error.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

I am using Nero's lastest upgrade yet, still having major issues.

Last question, is there a different vendor comparable to Nero that is more stable?

When I attempt to play my recorded digital movies, only Nero makes them clear and nice. Windows Media Player will not even load the video portion, only the audio. VLC Media player makes the recorded digital files jerking and difficult to watch.

Anyone have some good advice for this rookie?

Freddy

Are you sure it is Nero that is causing this issue? Right Click My Comuter>Properties>Start and Recovery. Uncheck the Automatically restart on shutdown. That will give us the Stop error code and BSOD info that we need to fix this.

As for your playing issues have you installed any codec packs? KLite, CCCP, AC3Filter, Vista Codec Pack. All work in XP and are great. Install one or all of them.

As for a burning app that does what nero does. Kinda. There are several apps out there that do several of the things Nero does but not in 1 app like Nero.

Are you sure it is Nero that is causing this issue? Right Click My Comuter>Properties>Start and Recovery. Uncheck the Automatically restart on shutdown. That will give us the Stop error code and BSOD info that we need to fix this.

As for your playing issues have you installed any codec packs? KLite, CCCP, AC3Filter, Vista Codec Pack. All work in XP and are great. Install one or all of them.

As for a burning app that does what nero does. Kinda. There are several apps out there that do several of the things Nero does but not in 1 app like Nero.

Makaveli,

Thank you for your good advice. I did exactly as you have suggested and I will note the stop error code and BSOD info you have mentioned. I really like using Nero. I hope to discover some keys as to what exactly is causing the errors...it only seems to occur when I am using Nero so that is why it became suspect in my mind.

I will also download KLite, CCCP, and AC3Filter and test drive them.

Have a great day and thanks again Mak!!!

Freddy

Not a problem. The info we need is the Stop Error code which looks like this:

0X000000ZZ (With ZZ being a different set of alpha numeric digits.)

There should also be a all Caps a string of words. Like

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Between the 2 of them we can get this sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom