Why is my harddrive full ! there is nothing installed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
ok I have spent the last few hours going through my harddrive deleting EVERYTHING i can find that I don't need.

when I go into the c: drive and hilight ALL the folders, and do a properties... they are only taking up 7 GB's.... WHERE is the other 11GB's that are taken up in my harddrive ! ???

You have to remember that stuff in c:\Program Files\ also takes up space. I've seen you mentioning EQ2 in a couple of your posts, and remember, that's gonna take up a couple gigs (from 1-4GB, I'd say). Then your system files, that'll be another couple gigs. And then whatever other programs you have installed.

I have ABSOLUTLY NOTHING installed except the less than 4 GB's from everquest 2 ...

I have an 18gb harddrive...that means I should have at LEAST 10 gigs free correct ? ....I only have 5.8 GBs free.....

just open my computer and right click and view properties on everything to see the size of every folder on the hard drive. Highlight like 5 folders at a time might help.

yeah I did ...I highlighted EVERY FOLDER on my C: drive , and they only come up to 7 GB's ... verry strange........

Just looked up requirements on EQ2... It says takes 6GB's of disk space. Your OS will take about 2GB if you're running XP Home. So that's about 8GB right there.

I would HIGHLY suggest just buying a bigger HDD (80GB even...they're dirt cheap, especially IDE).

I would HIGHLY suggest just buying a bigger HDD (80GB even...they're dirt cheap, especially IDE).

yeah ? I would love to find a CHEAP one... wheres a good place to look ?

the more dirt cheap the better :

I only need like 30 GBs or so ...

windows XP ...I'm sure its not taking up 11 GBs... cuz thats how much I am missing...

seriously, I highlight EVERY FOLDER in my C drive and they only take up 7 GIGS... where the **** is the other 11 ??? lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom