Why Is Microsoft So Successfull

When you die, do you want your computer to be burried with you?

• Yes, cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I will get a new comp in heaven/hell

• Just as long as I'm not a hardware doner

• No, shipping would cost too much

• Other (Please post)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's even funnier is how Xerox just let Gates have what would later become Windows. Xerox created it and didn't want to do anything with it and Gates took it a step forward. We could have been running OS's from Xerox today ;)

Ahha! I think I see now why a number of people don't like Bill Gates!

Bill Gates sees good technology, realizes its potential, and makes a smart business decision to buy the technology, produce it, and make money.

So, people must not want companies to be led by (or made up of) people with a good eye for technology and the desire to make money!

Wow! No wonder I've been butting heads with these people over Microsoft! I had it all wrong!

Kevz said:
Why Do U feel That Microsoft is Has So much Of success In the past and continues to succeed now?

because except for apple, bill has eliminated the compitition

There is still a great deal of fear of computers still out there today. (Or at least where I live) My parents did not even have a computer until about a year ago, and there are many people who have never had one. (something that is very easy to forget when you spend 9+ hrs a day on one) In order to help people overcome this inexperience and fear you cannot hand them something overly complicated or they will turn away.
Almost all of Microsoft's products are geared towards simplicity and the ease of use for general users (tech people know the stuff is not so easy, but most people don't even have a clue). This plus the fact that most people do not want to spend the time to find patches, work arounds, compatible software and all of the other little joys of owning a non-microsoft machine.
Microsoft got popular due to its simplicity, and it stays popular due to the fact that it is popular (a neverending cycle). It would take something truely major to break us out of this trend, and I personaly don't see it happening.

Its a slow day in dullsville so you'll have to forgive the essay.

tajahem said:

Almost all of Microsoft's products are geared towards simplicity and the ease of use for general users (tech people know the stuff is not so easy, but most people don't even have a clue). This plus the fact that most people do not want to spend the time to find patches, work arounds, compatible software and all of the other little joys of owning a non-microsoft machine.

LOL......LOL.......LOL.......

you got a lot to learn

all of the other systems don't have virus problem like windows.

THE NUMBER ONE REASON MICROSOFT PRODUCT ARE SUBSCEPTIBLE TO VIRUSES IS THAT THEY WANT TO KEEP TRACK OF EVERYBODY. THEY REFUSE TO CHANGE THEIR POSTION ON IT.

SO PEOPLE FIGURE OUT THOSE TRACKING RESOURCES AND EXPLOIT THOSE HOLES

If microsoft change their stance on tracking, they could make a bulletproof OS

put the fact that people hate bill gates, that also gives them incentives to create viruses and hack computers

Bill gates had an interview and the question was asked by a press member and all bill gates could do i shut his mouth
The question was Y do u Prefer To use Macantosh Computers In microsoft (headquaters) than microsoft windows in the company so bill gates just had to answer it and he said he preferred to use mac. instead of windows
Thats the Greatest Emarrasment some one can ever Face
*** SHAME ON U BILL GATES IF UR READING THIS FORUM***

Marvel said:
Microsoft is successfull because of its founder and positive management of a growth company. Each of us had the same opportunity to find our way in the world and make our mark, Bill Gates has done an outstanding job in leaving his mark upon the computer age when it was needed. In frustration competeters decided the only way to slow Microsoft down was to have the government go after the company. They had the same chance as Microsoft to enjoy success but theirs was limited and they blamed someone else for their slow growth. The product Microsoft offers for the public to accomplish their computing defines what corporations and the home user needs. This is why I think Microsoft has been successful in providing software to all of us.

That and they don't allow software to access hardware directly.

vance43211 -
you will never get it
Apparently you haven't either.
you got a lot to learn
You have a lot more.
all of the other systems don't have virus problem like windows.
All the other systems don't have the footprint that Windows has. Windows is a big target because of the impact shutting down Windows has. If Linux got knocked-off today, there wouldn't be nearly as big a BANG as if Windows collapsed. If Linux was "running the world" you could bet your nuts there would be tons of effort put into breaking it too. And let's not forget about the scale of the Windows environment Microsoft's trying to keep control of. Unlike Linux, Windows isn't circling inside a small user group focussed on perfecting the dark-ages of basic desktop OS interfaces, bashing Microsoft just for the hell of it, and continually putting off major buyers with continued lack of usability, functionality, compatability, support, and innovation.
put the fact that people hate bill gates, that also gives them incentives to create viruses and hack computers
"Most people" have been conditioned to say they "hate Bill Gates" as a popular trend. The people who actually understand what's happened and how Microsoft got to be where it is today, don't hate Bill Gates. They don't like him, but they don't hate him. Let's face it, Bill Gates pretty much single-handedly slaughtered the computer market through a keen-eye and great business strategies. Of course there's resentment, and the Microsoft licensing department hasn't made things easier.
In fact, through the numerous times I've had to deal with Microsoft, the only trouble spots we've run into were the licensing departments. Microsoft is very careful about protecting their code, and making sure they get credit for the work they do. It's stiff, but they have the clout to be demanding, and they have a VERY difficult job of keeping control of everything throughout their global company.

Kevz -
Thats the Greatest Emarrasment some one can ever Face
Actually, I think the worst emBarrassment Gates faced was when he launched that version of Windows that crashed on him right after he boasted about its stability. (95?)

I think Linux needs to get off its dead ass and stop whining about how it's getting slammed by the largest player in the market and leader in innovation (which has no reason to play nice in the first place). If Linux (and other OS's) want to become popular, their first step needs to be to stop bytching about Microsoft and prove to corporations (the biggest buyers) that their software is not only better, but financially and logistically ready to replace Microsoft.

Until they do, they'll continue having to put up with Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom