Why Is Microsoft So Successfull - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: When you die, do you want your computer to be burried with you?
Yes, cool! 9 34.62%
No, I will get a new comp in heaven/hell 4 15.38%
Just as long as I'm not a hardware doner 3 11.54%
No, shipping would cost too much 3 11.54%
Other (Please post) 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 05:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Why Is Microsoft So Successfull

Why Do U feel That Microsoft is Has So much Of success In the past and continues to succeed now?

Old 10-14-2004, 06:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

well windows has high hardware compatibility and ease of use, but linux can have hardware compatibility but is hard to use, mabe because it has so much money so it can buy premium advertising?

Old 10-14-2004, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to VICone Send a message via Yahoo to VICone

Windows is user friendly, and comes with most computers today. However, Linux is coming up in the game. I just read about Linux running the Mac OS out, something that Windows still hasn't done. Microsoft loves being number one, everyone knows that.
<a href=\"http://profiles.myspace.com/users/17229411\" target=\"_blank\">MySpace</a> | <a href=\"http://mcmcse.com\" target=\"_blank\">MCMCSE</a> | <a href=\"http://brainbench.com\" target=\"_blank\">Brainbench : Free Certifications</a>
Old 10-14-2004, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Microsoft is successfull because of its founder and positive management of a growth company. Each of us had the same opportunity to find our way in the world and make our mark, Bill Gates has done an outstanding job in leaving his mark upon the computer age when it was needed. In frustration competeters decided the only way to slow Microsoft down was to have the government go after the company. They had the same chance as Microsoft to enjoy success but theirs was limited and they blamed someone else for their slow growth. The product Microsoft offers for the public to accomplish their computing defines what corporations and the home user needs. This is why I think Microsoft has been successful in providing software to all of us.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to VICone Send a message via Yahoo to VICone

Quote:
Originally posted by Marvel
In frustration competeters decided the only way to slow Microsoft down was to have the government go after the company.
<3microsoft
<a href=\"http://profiles.myspace.com/users/17229411\" target=\"_blank\">MySpace</a> | <a href=\"http://mcmcse.com\" target=\"_blank\">MCMCSE</a> | <a href=\"http://brainbench.com\" target=\"_blank\">Brainbench : Free Certifications</a>
Old 10-14-2004, 12:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Techie

Microsoft is successful for several reasons. mainly all of the success is due to them hitting the market in the time when PC's were just getting cheap and the only other real option was a high cost unix based option. Windows came out and gave the common joe a pretty interface that was pretty easy to use. It also gave the corperate market a way to put a cheap computer at every desk without breaking the bank.
Another reason they have been very successfull is their continued work to stay ahead. They are always looking to the next step in the industry, and if that means squashing a few smaller compines in the process so be it. I'm not one to promote their actions, but it's a good strategy. If someone else has a great idea and starts to market it, buy them out and make money on it. nothing is much simplier.
Also, with their ability to advertise and also get OEMs to sign off on "Giving" away thier os to keep people hooked, theirs not much room for competition.
My 2 cents on the issue...
Old 10-14-2004, 01:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

because people are too lazy to learn another os. linux isn't hard, they just need to learn a few things. hardware wize, linux is pretty much compatible with most hardware thats available today. software because they find it difficult to make programs that can run under all os.

in the server market though, ms isn't being that successfull anymore. also in terms of governments using their products. alot of countries are now running linux for their platforms.

ms is successfull, but they are losing it.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to beedubaya

The reason Microsoft is so successful is because of something to do with a deal they made with IBM back in the eighties. I'll post the details when I get them....
Old 10-14-2004, 01:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Microsoft loves being number one, everyone knows that.
If Linux was number-one, they would love being number-one, too. Neither of the makers of Windows, Linux, or Mac, would willingly step down and actively decrease sales if they were in the top position. They will do what it takes to get that extra dollar out of you. There is no righteousness here.

Quote:
Marvel - Microsoft is successfull because...
Well said.

I...have other comments but I really need to pyss, excuse me...
Old 10-14-2004, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Techie

would have to be simply that Bill caught on to a good idea, latched on to the publics interest and money and since he did it first his bacame the most popular. Once the money started pouring in he had unlimited resources to build the empire it is today.

despite all the anger and resentment people have built up against old bill over his successes and failures w/different OS's, people with these problems over bill really need to thank him cuz they probably wouldn't have the knowledge of computers and programming as it is today without his contribution to the computer world.

whew, that one was long winded, forgive me. No, I am not pro or con Bill Gates/Microsoft. I just accept and appreciate what Bill/MS has, doesn't mean I like some of whats been put out and God knows I am super green with jealousy over his money and wealth

--Jak

Closed Thread