Why does iTunes run so slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an iPod before and I really liked the click wheel, so when that died I got the classic. I tried the Zune but I couldn't stand not having the click wheel. Too bad the one thing that Apple makes that is decent, the iPod doesn't run well on windows.

I had an iPod before and I really liked the click wheel, so when that died I got the classic. I tried the Zune but I couldn't stand not having the click wheel. Too bad the one thing that Apple makes that is decent, the iPod doesn't run well on windows.

the ipod runs fine. as it has been said a few times, itunes is the problem

don't use itunes

the ipod runs fine. as it has been said a few times, itunes is the problem

don't use itunes

I fully agree with Eric. iPods do work. It is just the software is not made for Windows. Use Anapod Explorer. It may cost money but it is so worth it. Like i said i dont even own a iPod yet i bought it for when i work with them. If i bought the software when i dont even own a iPod it must be good.:p

Cheers,
Mak

Ive never owned an ipod, im happy with my sansa, but i wouldnt mind getting an ipod because they are nice to use. And using something like itunes to put your music on it isnt a bad thing. Its just to encourage people to use itunes and the itunes store etc.

I have itunes because i quite like it just to play my music, however i now use alternative players because itunes has become slow for me too. Im not that bothered, but it is annoying.

Apple is always going to focus on themselves for their software. Microsoft is their competition so why are they going to worry about making it work better for windows users?

Maddog,

While i agree with you. There is also flaw in that statement. While Microsoft is the competition. Windows is still hte most popular OS out there. So for Apple to ignore optimizing iTunes or any of their apps to run on Windows properly they are only hurting themselves. As more and more users get upset with the way the software works they will find other methods, such as anapod explorer, to do what they want.

Which will leave Apple to wonder why their software isnt being used as much. People still rely on iTunes but that is only cause they do not know there are alternatives out there. Some which are far better.

Only when Apple starts to take a hit in their pocket by lose of sales from items on iTunes will they take notice and do something about this.

Cheers,
Mak

But the thing about Anapod Explorer and every other iTunes alternative is that you can't buy music from the iTunes store with them. So if you want to buy music from the store, you're doomed to use their crappy software.

But the thing about Anapod Explorer and every other iTunes alternative is that you can't buy music from the iTunes store with them. So if you want to buy music from the store, you're doomed to use their crappy software.

but you can use a similar store. I use napster. I install the napster plugin for wmp. I does use itunes for hard to get stuff (like odyssey's inside out song). I'll install itunes buy the songs (which are not drm protected like everybody else store) and uninstall itunes

but you can use a similar store. I use napster. I install the napster plugin for wmp. I does use itunes for hard to get stuff (like odyssey's inside out song). I'll install itunes buy the songs (which are not drm protected like everybody else store) and uninstall itunes

True, but some people think they have to buy from iTunes if they have an iPod. Personally, I use Amazon because everything they have is a non-DRM mp3.

Yes but the same people that think you have to buy from the iTunes store are the same people that use their junky software. The rest of us know better and find alternative methods to get music.

But as Eric said as well. There is more than one way to work it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom