Why do YOU go Microsoft?? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2006, 04:42 AM   #21 (permalink)

why do u pefer Openoffice over MS office 2003?? is there a specific reason
i use office 2003 and i never had problem with it and i think it is the best

Old 02-20-2006, 05:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher

Does open office support exchange server functions with some type of Outlook clone? Does it support browsing the GAL and such? Just curious how that measures up as I dont know anything about open office.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Well i can say that since i am a gamer is the main reason why i use Windows XP. No other OS is supported for pretty much all the games i play other than Windows. Linux is decent but to get it installed takes some knowledge. I havent tried too hard but since i cant game on it as easily as XP i just stick with XP.

As for the other apps well.....I use some M$ based apps only cause i am a Beta tester. Office 2007 is one of the betas i am testing ATM. I have tried Open Office and it is good. But for what i do Office is easier to accomidate.

Browsers well i use Opera overall. I do use IE7 Beta 2 as an alternative but Opera is my main browser. Other than that i use all sorts of apps from all sorts of companies/people. I use Thunderbird for email. XFire for chatting along with WLM. It all depends on what i am looking to do and what software is the easiest to accomplish the job with.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread