Why Command Prompt not opening up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk120120

Beta member
i have a windows xp Os in my computer and command prompt opens up and vanishes immediately.. no virus in my computer, what could be the issue?

i have a windows xp Os in my computer and command prompt opens up and vanishes immediately.. no virus in my computer, what could be the issue?

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and find cmd.exe double click it. Does the window open?

Or click start search for cmd.exe and try to open it and see if it opens up that way.

thanks lexluethar for ur response.. no malwarebytes, my mcafee removed everything... i did complete format and reinstalled os recently... actual file not running.. any other suggestions?

thanks mike for ur help... but ur suggestion didn't work... any other clues?

McAfee does not remove everything that Malwarebytes does. It's good to run that as well as McAfee.

But as you said you did a reformat, I'd say maybe the HDD is corrupt. Try running a hdd diagnostic by seagate/wd just to make sure.

It's XP so a repair is an option too. So do a repair, also as MOM said the hard drive may be corrupt, run a scan on that w/ a program that starts b4 windows (every manf has their own).

Okay if you cant run CMD from the actual executable file in C:\Windows\system32\; then your system is corrupted and nothing we suggest will work. You will need to do a repair install of Windows as Lex said. Cause there is no way to use the System File Checker since that uses CMD itself. Do a repair install.

XP Repair install instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom