Why is Azereus so slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ports are the way that computers talk to the outside world, unfortunately thes ports also listen, and can recieve bad instructions from someone on the outside of your computer. What a firewall does is that it just block the ports unless you specifically tell it to open a port that is by default blocked. All of the ports on your computer are clocked, 65000 ports, or something like that. But since you need to download you need to tell windows firewally to let the ports that azureus uses to bee unblocked. This is relatively easy, first you will need to find which port you are using. First you will want to open azureus then go to the options menu, under one of the dragdown menus, it will probably be one of the lasts one. Then you will need to scroll down to a menu that will tell you which port it uses, sorry i cant be more specific than that right now, but after you find the port number write it down, and write down wether it is tcp, or udp. Next go to control panel then to windows firewall, in XP SP2. Once you have that open click on the exceptions tab. Under the exceptions tab you will have to click the add port button. There it will ask for a name of this exception, and the port and connection type. Type in the port number and the connection type, ie UDP, or TCP. Hope that helps

I believe that it might be an ISP isue. My old ISP lowered exceedingly the bandwidth for torrents that's why I changed ISP. I do not use a firewall but I have NOD32 which is on and searching the new files for viruses. Same for me and takes less time to adjust.

go to your exception of imon of nod32 and allow the 3 .exe's in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Update\Base Images\jre1.6.0.b105\patch-jre1.6.0.b105 folder. this resolve conflicts and will make it faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom