Why is Azereus so slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
OK, I'm pretty new to the whole torrent thing, but I'll just ask the obvious...

My downloads on Azeures are very slow. I have a dsl broadband connection with max download speeds of 3 MB and yet, I get less than dial-up speeds for my Azerus downloads.

Why? Is this normal for torrents? Or is there something wrong with my system/configuration.....

Just FYI, I have Windows XP, Verizon DSL 3.0 MB, I use Kaspersky internet security suite and don't have any other PTPs on my system.

Explain it to me like i'm a 8 year old :)

speed depends on seeds and peers, your torrents problaly have low amounts of peers, or they are just not sharing. also are your ports forwarded?

speed depends on seeds and peers, your torrents problaly have low amounts of peers, or they are just not sharing. also are your ports forwarded?

Seeds 11, Peers 38 on this torrent

Port forwarding? (Blank Stare).....crickets......mouth hanging open

I don't know what that means.... :)

You might need to unblock the ports that windows firewall block the port, I just set up azureus for a new client of mine and i had to unblock the udp port. Just go to the options screen on azureus look around for port number that it uses then go to windows firewall, click on the exceptions tab, unblock the port by adding a new port.

You might need to unblock the ports that windows firewall block the port, I just set up azureus for a new client of mine and i had to unblock the udp port. Just go to the options screen on azureus look around for port number that it uses then go to windows firewall, click on the exceptions tab, unblock the port by adding a new port.

I use Kaspersky's firewall.

When you say "unblock the port", what does that mean? I don't understand. Walk me through it like I'm a five year old.......

I believe that it might be an ISP isue. My old ISP lowered exceedingly the bandwidth for torrents that's why I changed ISP. I do not use a firewall but I have NOD32 which is on and searching the new files for viruses. Same for me and takes less time to adjust.

I have used azereus for a long time now and love it but you might want to change azereus port as some isp's block it ;) (learned from a torrent sight and from portforward.com).

Also are the smiley faces red or green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom