Who needs Vista - Video doesn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have played every video in Vista just as i have in XP. You have to isntall some Codec packs to get all of them. The Vista Beta doesnt have all the codecs that XP does by default.

I have this same problem at work! I can only want videos in my web browser! I was starting to think they made it like this on purpose. :p

I don't have any advice but I will check back to see if you've found a cure. :(

Make sure you also have the latest Flash, Shockwave and Java installed. those are not installed by default in Vista.

Its not Vista. I was commenting on the 'aero effect' of it. I'm running XP Pro. :eek:

When will people realize that the "aero" ort Glass is not the only thing Vista has to offer?

Vista is coded from the most secure Kernel M$ has ever used. The Server 2003 Kernel which, to my knowledge, has yet to get a vunerability. Plus the fact the communication, connectivity between machines let alone the DX10 which can do some amazing things that XP cant since DX10 WILL NOT come out for XP.

I will get Vista. Just not until around the time of SP1. Right now i cant afford it. But in all honesty it is worth it. It is more of a OS than XP and with better security it is worth it.

I was being sarcastic and have RC2 Vista installed and when it runs out in June I will buy it. :)

Aero is IMO and a waste of electricity due to requiring the graphics card set at 3d mode and not economy 2d + a waste of resources. :)

I just restarted and video is working. I am going to experiment through out the day to find the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom