Where is the option to turn off Download Accelerator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denise_M

In Runtime
Hi,

I have a TFORCE 6100-939 mobo with NVIDIA GeForce 6100 GPU built-in graphics card.

I want to update the driver for Nvidia, but the tips on downloading the driver said

"Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers.

Where are Download Accelerator utilities located and how do I disable them? I looked in Control Panel and Services and couldn't find them.

Denise

Download accelerators are programs that help downloads go faster. Often they also provide tools that will allow for pausing downloads.

If you can't find any then you probably don't have any. Windows does not come pre-loaded with download accelerators, and if your using a factory build, I doubt one was installed.

Download Accelerator Plus (DAP), Gigaget: Ultimate Broadband Download Manager and Download Express are just some of the many programs that are download accelerators.

As long as when you click on the link and get the standard IE or Firefox (or for what ever browser your using) download messages when you try to download the drivers you'll be fine.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom