where does streaming video get stored

Depends on which version you use. Metro version of IE10 runs solely on HTML5. But the desktop version of IE10 can still use Flash.

I'm using Firefox

there's addons, extensions, plugins out in the wild that allow you to save streaming video to a file. I'll let you search for those on your own tho.

on second thought, you prolly want a webservice that does this on their hardware since your stream is being disconnected.

I'm using Firefox

Yes we know. But the point is that since this is on a file that you already watched and are not watching there is nothing we can do to help. The video will not be on your system anymore. You would not have been able to watch anymore videos since it happened along with not being beyond the point of what you wanted to capture. You will just have to get an extension now and watch it again. There is nothing more to it. There is no way to recover something that wasnt there to begin with.

I think to properly answer your question you would have to figure out a few things first. What software does the site use in combination with FF, IE Youtube using Flash. Then you need to figure out if you have local storage enabled, and how much is allowed. Then you need to figure out where the software stores this in accordance with your browser.

You might try here.
%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\

Back
Top Bottom