Where do I rat out people who are selling pirated OS's - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Blitze105 Send a message via Yahoo to Blitze105

yes but what happens when every one rats on ppl?
ill tell u a neat fact, we have to build a new jail every month in the US i believe. so now lets say every one tells on ppl... ud atleast have to triple that to 3 a month. where would we come up with the money to house the "crooks" that were just trying to use a computer. now if some one is killing a person tahts different ofcourse but i mean seriously who are they hurting? bill gates? the guy with 40 billion under his belt and is saying i never give to the helpless, i mean cmon

Old 05-06-2005, 05:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Perhaps more people would be honest and ethical, and quit stealing.

Old 05-06-2005, 05:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by HeddaLora
Perhaps more people would be honest and ethical, and quit stealing.
who stealing from who?

for every successful business, somebody had blood on their hands
Old 05-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #34 (permalink)
True Techie

ever watched pirates of silicon valley? the story about how bill gates and that guy from apple got where they are, bill was the pirate, he stole what apple created or bought from xerox and licensed it behind thier backs to ibm,nec and others, balman is the smart one at ms, bill didnt actually do much as far as gettin himself rich, he was a calm convicing talker, he programmed i believe thats about it, whats his name at apple and balmer at ms are what made it the way it is now.

if you buy a pc that comes with windows then you bought the full price of windows, the hardware is whats cheaper but its nameless taiwan crap. i bought my copy of windows but i built my own pc, i got namebrand parts for a total of 1500 and if a pc maker did it it wouldve cost more so its not really like your gettn anything for free if you buy a pre built pc..just look at all the crap software and spyware they put in those things, in the past i had hp,compaq,sony..all had been to repair store at least once in a year.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:18 PM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
who stealing from who?

for every successful business, somebody had blood on their hands
Speak for yourself! I know plenty of honest business owners, including myself.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:57 PM   #36 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Him Send a message via Yahoo to Him

Mario Puzo said it best:

"Behind Every Great Fortune, There Is a Crime"
Old 05-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I don't agree. As I said, I know (well) plenty of successful people who are honest. And because they are honest, they can live with themselves.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Piracy isn't completely bad for Microsoft. If lots of people pirate the OS, then the result will be lots of people running that OS. This helps Microsoft to gain market share and keep their monopoly, and therefore sell more products based on the system and make even more money by keeping everyone using that OS.

\'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you **** well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.\'

Old 05-12-2005, 02:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Him Send a message via Yahoo to Him

I suppose it boils down to the ol' MP3 argument when Napster started to go up in flames.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I also suspect that it will get increasingly difficult to pirate future operating systems from Windows, as copy protection systems advance. Maybe this will make them reduce the price of the operating system in order to maintain their monopoly.

\'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you **** well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.\'

Closed Thread