Where did these MS Office disk come from???

Zekester2097

In Runtime
I have this working MS Office disk I found in my dad's old pc stuff bin he keeps in the back room. I found them in there, the MS office one has a yellow sticker on the back of the black sleeve with the product key on it. Another disk has something called "Microsoft Business Contact Manager 2010" and require Microsoft Outlook 2010 to install...
That said disk looks exactly like the MS office disk (see image), but has no product key on it... I wonder where these disks came from, because on Google Images, none of the MS Office disks look like that one. They work perfectly, as I have installed MS Office 2010 Professional Plus (from said disk) onto my Toshiba laptop, and I even got it to activate via microsoft servers... I just wonder where these even came from. The disks online look nothing like them...
IMG_1178.JPG
IMG_1179.JPG

Ps the green bucket thing is what I have my Lenovo sitting on lol

Last edited:
I put the pictures on my Google site, then copied n pasted the URL into the "insert photo" thing. you should see 3 of them... I can see them perfectly

they are JPGs

where did the package come from then? I've never seen it. All I've seen are the disks from the desk (I said "pc bin" but i remember i saw them lying around on my dad's desk, and he said that i could have them lol). There wasn't any box or anything.

BTW what does it mean by "licensed for use only by students and faculty" ?

where did the package come from then?
A store? Idk - that would be a question for your dad where he got them.

I've never seen it. All I've seen are the disks from the desk (I said "pc bin" but i remember i saw them lying around on my dad's desk, and he said that i could have them lol). There wasn't any box or anything.

BTW what does it mean by "licensed for use only by students and faculty" ?

Means it's for student use - probably from something like a DreamSpark subscription or something similar.

Some schools and uni's are a part of a M$ program. They issue a bulk license for a lot of their software. You can buy it for cheap or get it for free depending on the terms the school and M$ agreed to.

One of my crew was taking an on line course and we pillaged the M$ software the course offered.

Some schools and uni's are a part of a M$ program. They issue a bulk license for a lot of their software. You can buy it for cheap or get it for free depending on the terms the school and M$ agreed to.

One of my crew was taking an on line course and we pillaged the M$ software the course offered.

That'd be DreamSpark. That's where I've gotten all of my OS's for the past several years. The only thing I don't have access to for free is MS Office - except for stuff like Visio and such.

There is honestly no telling what program those disks came from, I remember seeing that style of disk in a few different packs back a long time ago around the time Vista was on its way out and Win7 was coming in.

Back
Top Bottom