Where did these MS Office disk come from???

I have 2013 office package. Didn't get it off one of these discs. I had to get it at M$ online.
2013 which is updated automatically to 2015, will set you back 149.

I have 2013 office package. Didn't get it off one of these discs. I had to get it at M$ online.
2013 which is updated automatically to 2015, will set you back 149.

I think I had that type of deal when I got '07 >to>'10 after it came out, but I got '07 at a discount

Simplicity? I rather prefer the older style menus instead of all that ribbon like crap with pictures and having to hunt things down like I have to do in newer versions... For me, it is irritating.

Simplicity? I rather prefer the older style menus instead of all that ribbon like crap with pictures and having to hunt things down like I have to do in newer versions... For me, it is irritating.

I'm the opposite... I much prefer the ribbon UI that Windows / office uses now. If only the Search was a bit better and searched for commands / functions like Visual Studio..then it'd be really great. Wouldn't have to take my hands off of the keyboard ever :).

I have yet to try Office 2016...really like 2013 over previous versions, though. Too bad my workplace discontinued their HUP deal with MS...so I can't get 2016. Glad I got 2013 at least.

2007 was the first to introduce the Ribbon UI (very Vista-like UI)
IC106390.gif

2010 Refined it and had other performance improvements (more Win7-like)
word11.jpg

2013 Refined the UI more (made it a flatter pallete to match Win10, and other tweaks in other parts of the UI) as well as introduced the "smooth" cursor movement (I believe OSX had this in Pages already)
word-2013.png

2016 looks like the biggest feature is collaborative editing (like Google Docs has had for years), and more UI tweaks. But I haven't gotten to try it yet.
word-collab.jpg

Back
Top Bottom