Where can I find a legitimate copy of Windows XP online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
Hello,

Where can I find a legitimate, non-modified, and not cracked copy of Windows XP SP3 to download? I have a legal, retail key. I just do not have the installation disk. My technet subscription has expired, and I do not plan on renewing it. So I cannot download from technet's site. Any help is appreciated.

Found a download source with the assistance with a very helpful forum member <3

Thanks for the link.
but $45 dollars hmmmmmm....

the sad thing is, I do not know anyone in my circle thats even close to being a techie.
plenty of car dudes, but no tech dudes.

Found a download location with the assistance with a very helpful forum member <3

Thanks for the link.

the sad thing is, I do not know anyone in my circle thats even close to being a techie.

Found a download location with the assistance with a very helpful forum member <3

Where? I have been trying to find win7 home premium x64 for my Asus Laptop. The disk crashed the head and the recovery was on the disk so I replaced the hd and I have been forced to use linux on it because I won't use a pirated copy. I also have a key but no disk.

Without the help of some useful and resourceful members there isnt any place to get any copy of Windows online. Microsoft doesnt allow downloads for their media legally unless it is for trial basis only. MSDN and TechNET are the only sources and only people who have a paid subscription can get them from those sources.

I always thought you could have the software to download from where ever as long as you had a legitimate key for activation. This makes me wonder if we are legally allowed to image our copies of windows software for when we do loose the cd.

Where? I have been trying to find win7 home premium x64 for my Asus Laptop. The disk crashed the head and the recovery was on the disk so I replaced the hd and I have been forced to use linux on it because I won't use a pirated copy. I also have a key but no disk.
Check PM's.

I always thought you could have the software to download from where ever as long as you had a legitimate key for activation. This makes me wonder if we are legally allowed to image our copies of windows software for when we do loose the cd.

This is my opinion on it: if you have a legit key that you bought, paid for, etc, whatever... Then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to download a copy from wherever. I always looked for ones marked as "untouched" from good sources.

Thanks for the link.

No problem :).

This is what I thought. I just can't see spending $100+ for a copy of windows I already rightfully own. It's not my fault they don't send restore disks with laptops anymore. If it hadn't have crashed the first week I had it I would have made the restore disks.

You can technically order a replacement disk from MS for like $20, IIRC... But that still goes back to my point of since you own it already, why I think I can download a backup copy since I own the product already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom