Where can I buy genuine Microsoft 7?

GLaDOS

In Runtime
Hello all,

I was wondering where I could buy a legitimate copy of Windows 7? I recently got a pirated copy which I now want to remove and replace with a genuine version (see: http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/bought-office-pro-2010-installs-2010-pro-plus-266133/)

Anyways, I was just curious where everyone buys their genuine Microsoft OS's online? I checked a local retailer and they only carried OEM's - since this is a family PC, I'd rather just throw a full-blown Windows copy onto the machine.

I appreciate your feedback!!

Well i also only use OEM, even when i(Next to never) buy a factory made computer, ill wipe the format of windows and install a "Fresh copy". I do that because most computer companies today will just load the computer full of bloat ware and other crap. its best to just start fresh

If someone has a computer made by a large company like hp, dell, acer, ect you can usually order the copy of windows that came with the computer when you bought it! its usually cheaper too

Well i also only use OEM, even when i(Next to never) buy a factory made computer, ill wipe the format of windows and install a "Fresh copy". I do that because most computer companies today will just load the computer full of bloat ware and other crap. its best to just start fresh

If someone has a computer made by a large company like hp, dell, acer, ect you can usually order the copy of windows that came with the computer when you bought it! its usually cheaper too

The factory computers already have a OEM sticker on them, so you would just need the actual OEM disc, rather than a disc + new serial.

The factory computers already have a OEM sticker on them, so you would just need the actual OEM disc, rather than a disc + new serial.

Yeah it's an HP computer, so I could just order the OEM disc and re-use the key from the original OS that came with the machine (I got a copy of it before wiping it). I could order just the OEM disc then?

Indeed and i personally would not do it however, the OS you order from the company's usually has the drivers/software like Microsoft office(If it came with it)/ect installed, which is sometimes easier for some people. :)

Yeah it's an HP computer, so I could just order the OEM disc and re-use the key from the original OS that came with the machine (I got a copy of it before wiping it). I could order just the OEM disc then?
If you have the OEM key, and it's only been used on the one machine, then yes you can just get a Windows disc, and reinstall using the disc.

Just download the version that your key is from here:
Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

The links are from DigitalRiver, a MS software distributor. The links are all for OEM copies of Windows, which you need a key to activate. They're not cracked/pirated/etc.

Just download the x64 ISO that matches the version for your key, burn to a disc (or install to a flash drive using Microsoft's Windows 7 USB Tool), and install.

Indeed and i personally would not do it however, the OS you order from the company's usually has the drivers/software like Microsoft office(If it came with it)/ect installed, which is sometimes easier for some people. :)

Which is why I said use the actual OEM disc, not the manufacturer disc ;).

OEM disc = straight, vanilla Windows. Default programs/drivers/etc.

I'm apparently having issues with paying attention today. :p you don't even want to see what i just did in another thread! :p

If you have the OEM key, and it's only been used on the one machine, then yes you can just get a Windows disc, and reinstall using the disc.

Just download the version that your key is from here:
Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

The links are from DigitalRiver, a MS software distributor. The links are all for OEM copies of Windows, which you need a key to activate. They're not cracked/pirated/etc.

Just download the x64 ISO that matches the version for your key, burn to a disc (or install to a flash drive using Microsoft's Windows 7 USB Tool), and install.

I'm sorry, it's been a long day so I'm gonna ask a few dumb questions just to make sure I fully understand - please bare with me:

1. This is a LEGAL/LEGITIMATE Windows OS (not a copy or anything)? Just like the original copy that came when my we bought the HP computer?
2. This install will require the product key from the original OS that came installed on the HP machine?
3. Does this come with Office or other software installed already (besides what's on a default clean install of Windows)?

I obviously don't have much experience with OEM installs and I've had enough hassle with this computer as it is, so I just want to make sure I really understand what I'm getting here. I really appreciate any confirmation or clarity you could provide.

I'm sorry, it's been a long day so I'm gonna ask a few dumb questions just to make sure I fully understand - please bare with me:

1. This is a LEGAL/LEGITIMATE Windows OS (not a copy or anything)? Just like the original copy that came when my we bought the HP computer?
2. This install will require the product key from the original OS that came installed on the HP machine?
3. Does this come with Office or other software installed already (besides what's on a default clean install of Windows)?

I obviously don't have much experience with OEM installs and I've had enough hassle with this computer as it is, so I just want to make sure I really understand what I'm getting here. I really appreciate any confirmation or clarity you could provide.

1. Yes it is a legal and legit Windows. You use your serial from the sticker on the side of your machine to install it. So it will be fully legit.
2. Yes it will require the original serial.
3. No Office always has and always will be an additional cost. Only if you bought it on special with a bundle from the manufacturer will it come included. Most of the time those are online bundles or it comes preinstalled. You would have to use the factory restore method to get Office back.

Back
Top Bottom