Where is all my hd space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i have a 160GB, and it has 54.6GB used. but I opened the drive and checked, (selected everything and properties) and there is only 36.7GB there.

where the heck is it all? Can not format the drive, I had to reinstall by copying the contents of my xp iso onto my 3gb hdd and installing from that, i dont have a cd drive. Well, it would not let me format my drive, and i have 20gb of space that I would like to make use of, ideas?

Do you still have the old install of XP on there? Since you said you had to cpoythe content and you could not format your old XP install is probably taking up the rest of the space.

Try CCleaner and see if it will free up some space for you.

it's complicated. install in windows. pick new install, type in key, then check advance option. select "I want to pick what partition to install on. check copy all files. where it says file are copied to\WINDOWS chenge that to \XP (make a folder call XP in the C. drive) or D:\XP with d being the other partiton. follow the rest of the instructions.

during the partitioning screen it will say something about installing to the same partition. ignore that and type to send the install to the XP folder. when you are done go into safe mode and delete the the old xp folders.

you could also put the xp disc unto the big drive. install xp to the 3 gig drive and boot to that xp. then you can delete files from the other one then reinstall xp to that drive

well, I found a solution to my problem: format. I got my standard xp cd and installed, now all I have left to do is upgrade to Media Center.

2.61gb out of 149gb! the line is like a needle! not no half pie before I started to do things. but I have 30gb of crap backed up in vids, pics, programs, etc... lots of stuff that still has to go back on here.

but at least its working again, and can access the internet, my origional problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom