When installing Norton 2009, error

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea why it's doing that, but it's Norton, it doesn't really need a reason.

I personally would get a refund for it, and get a nice free antivirus. There's plenty that work a lot better. Or, if you really want to spend money, get NOD32.

Put a **** bullet in that norton cd. seriously.
I have been using nod32 since late of 2005 and it has never even given me problems at all.
Plus NOD32 has good customer service and tech support, you submit a new unfound virus and trojan to them a day later they'll how to fix your problem and send the defenition to your nod32 client without you having to tell the AV to install it.
If you don't like NOD32 I would at least give kasperky a try, but stay the heck away from AVG free edition it isn't worth the aggrevation like norton is.

What are you talking about? AVG works just fine, it's not a hassle.

AVG is one of the easier to use ones. I'm kind of shocked to hear anybody said anything negative about it's layout...

This week I have to manually remove Norton from two computers which together would probably take about an hour. I have a long sheet of small print giving me instructions on how to remove every registry key that Norton planted in the system when it was installed. The uninstaller was corrupt and no longer works, forcing me to get rid of Norton this way.

I'm so glad I won't have to deal with Norton anymore.

You can always use the Norton Removal Tool, it works pretty well even though it's from Symantec. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom