What's the point of Control Panel in WIn10???

Can rephrase the question this way too:

Control panel has been around since... 3???
Why not redesign/modernize it?

lol....Because it ain't broke!!
Why fix something that isn't broken? There's nothing wrong with the control panel the way it was. The only real difference is that it requires more clicks to access the same damn thing. ...Oh look! they made it a very pretty shade of gray in settings!....Not!!

Last edited:
lol....Because it ain't broke!!
Why fix something that isn't broken? There's nothing wrong with the control panel the way it was. The only real difference is that it requires more clicks to access the same damn thing. ...Oh look! they made it a very pretty shade of gray in settings!....Not!!

Because it's "broke" for touch devices such as touch monitors or Surface devices. And with Win10 they're trying more to make it touch friendly, i.e. unifying the design and functionality to the rest of the OS.

Try searching for what you want - there's less clicks on both types of settings interface that way ;).

This is quite an entertaining thread... ;)

That being said, I really don't give a damn which way they go with it, but they need to stick it all in one place now. I'm tired of a little here and a little there. Quit sprinkling that **** all over the place!

Its funny because i use rdp on my phone and dont have any problem with touch interface of the old CP ui. They're 'modernization' is just changing things to change them, they always put another layer of categories that are far too unnecessary and convoluted. Anyone who currently knows where to look will think they've just buried what they're looking for behind even more pointless menus. Thank the lord for the shortcut commands.

but..but...but....

I've always liked looking at the pretty pics!
nt31cpanelcut.gif

Its funny because i use rdp on my phone and dont have any problem with touch interface of the old CP ui. They're 'modernization' is just changing things to change them, they always put another layer of categories that are far too unnecessary and convoluted. Anyone who currently knows where to look will think they've just buried what they're looking for behind even more pointless menus. Thank the lord for the shortcut commands.

Or like I suggested above, just search for you want you want in the little search box in the top-right corner (or in the Start Menu). 99% of the time you'll get what you want directly and it's faster than clicking around.

Thank the lord for the shortcut commands.
Nice link. I'd forgotten all about some of those.

but..but...but....

I've always liked looking at the pretty pics!
lol

Or like I suggested above, just search for you want you want in the little search box in the top-right corner (or in the Start Menu). 99% of the time you'll get what you want directly and it's faster than clicking around.
That's why I've forgotten some of those shortcuts. I am in the habit of typing them into the search now. :lol:

Because it's "broke" for touch devices such as touch monitors or Surface devices. And with Win10 they're trying more to make it touch friendly, i.e. unifying the design and functionality to the rest of the OS.

Try searching for what you want - there's less clicks on both types of settings interface that way ;).

who ever cares about touch devices that much that we have to change control panel! they should be shot. let it look tacky! at least I can be comfortable working with it :cool:

Give me a keyboard and mouse any day! when someone brings me a surface pro, I bring out a 2 port USB adapter and plug in K+M. I hate trying to work on a windows touch device!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom