Whats the deal with Vista now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
I remember when vista first came out, just about everyone bashed it, claiming that it was the worst thing of the century; many actually believed it, others just did it because it was mainstream.

It's been awhile after vista's release, and my question is..
why not upgrade to vista?

Are there still massive amounts of bugs? I know SP1 is due for release in like Q1 08..i thought.

I mean.. at this point vista seems awesome, you can use more ram, if you ahve ultimate you can use that dreamscene stuff..

I know there are lots of compatibility issues in games.. but still

What are some main reasons why people are stubborn to change?
(convince me to change... I want to soo baddd i just need a good reason : ) )

Personal preference.
That is why people wont change. XP has been out for over 6 years now and stable for the last 2-3 years. So why go from something that is stable to Vista which is "buggy".

Honestly i got Vista right away and love it. I am beta testing SP1 and it is even better. The only reason why my Vista isntall's ahve crashed is cause of what i have done to them. Wait that is the only reason why XP ever crashed as well. Guess it has more to do with the user than the Software. Who would have thunk it.

Want a reason to pick it up? Microcenter has vista home premium 32bit on sale for 79.99 right now. I plan on picking up 2 copies this weekend and taking the plunge.

I say go for it. It's mainstream now and support is only going to get better. I love it.

ya plus you don't wanna buy Windows XP, i mean who wants to pay money for an OS thats gonna be outdated really soon... (unless you get it the other way, and use your old key"

Why? Because XP does everything I want to do. Why spend $$$ when you don't have to?

If and when I build again, I'll go with it or 7.

I got it when I built my computer, and I love it. Haven't had any major problems with it, except when I was getting BSODs when logging onto accounts, but that was just the video card driver...uninstalled/reinstalled the new one, and no problems since.

All of my games work great too...I run all of them on max settings without any problems.

A lot of people bash it because they buy it on new computer that cost like 600 bucks, that don't have the requirements to run Vista properly, and then when it lags they say that it sucks.

EDIT: I was just messing around with DreamScene, because I just installed it last night, and its pretty cool.

I got it thinking.. ya it has been out long enough. Was I wrong. None of my drivers work, LAN, chipset, video..... I like how it is set up and all. But I have switched back to XP until I either A) update my rig to a ds3r, e2180, 2gigs of ram or B) SP1 brings support for my motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom