what's the deal with this april fool's virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why i didn't receive notification of response's after mak's first post. I put malwarebytes and avast and avist seem to disable everything. it's getting on my nerves

I'll try your tool Osiris

I have run those tools on both of my systems in XP/Vista and Win7. They all came up empty.

I dont have a issue with Avast. What are you experiencing that you say ti disables everything?

I'm wondering why i didn't receive notification of response's after mak's first post. I put malwarebytes and avast and avist seem to disable everything. it's getting on my nerves

I'll try your tool Osiris

Do you have conficker or??

I heard references of the virus possibly deleting files and I have at least 5 terybyte of files. I just want to be sure. i reinstall windows on one of my computers

avast is disabling script on IE 8 and everytime I go to different websites I got to reinstall flash even if i already install it for that site. then I can't set avast to let me allow certain sites run scripts.

I'm using IE 8 because i'm researching my family history and Ancestry.com -- Browser Upgrade image viewer doesn't work with firefox. IE need to implement a spellchecker to it

I don't think Confiker is here to delete files. We had a few computers that were infected with downandup also known as Confiker. I did notice that it every pc it infected, it enumerated each user folder on the computer it was on. Example, if Confiker was on 50 computers, on each of those 50 computers, there would be 50 different usernames under Documents and Settings, all started out with 34.5 MB of data, the longer the folder were there, the larger they got, some were well over 3GB but the time I got to them. The one folder called churchftp or something like that was always the last folder let that couldn't be deleted until the others were gone. There is no one in out org with that username. After updating the rest of the computers to SP3 and applying the patch if it wasn't already applied, I ran hijackthis and took a look, then ran combofix and malwarebytes, deleting a lot of files, reg entries, entries like "disable antivirus, disable firewall and one more that I can't remember. Each computer took several scans to clean. Also made sure system restore was turned off just in case it decided to hide in there. I'm confident my computer are clean, as well as my servers.

I 'm disabling system restore now. I was thinking about reinstalling windows on that day

my time keep getting messed up since I reinstall windows. do IE 8 have spellchecker that I can use?

man, as soon as i get home i'm gonna start checking the computers, and updating them. i dont wanna risk it. not with the amount of stuff on the lap top.

thanks for the spell checkers

what can I do about the script blocking with avast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom