Whats the Cheapest Way to Get Win 10?

ruzzi

Baseband Member
Whats the cheapest way to get win 10? I read that you can buy a windows 7 key, install win 7 then upgrade to win 10.

I also read you can buy a win 10 OEM license for $20 and you get all the updates. But if something stops working you can't get support from microsoft.

Let me know what's the cheapest way to get win 10.

Whats the cheapest way to get win 10? I read that you can buy a windows 7 key, install win 7 then upgrade to win 10.
Yes, Windows 8.1 is also eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 10, until July.

I also read you can buy a win 10 OEM license for $20 and you get all the updates. But if something stops working you can't get support from microsoft.
In regards to OEM...it's always been that way. You don't get retail support with an OEM license.

As for the $20...that depends. Some grey-market sites have keys for sale, but whether they're legit or not is another question.

the CHEAPEST way is to download it, and install it. when it asks to register, just don't. i am not sure how long it will work that way, but it will for a while. you will have a semi annoying "ghost"image on the bottom right corner of the screen asking you to register it almost all of the time however.

the CHEAPEST way is to download it, and install it. when it asks to register, just don't. i am not sure how long it will work that way, but it will for a while. you will have a semi annoying "ghost"image on the bottom right corner of the screen asking you to register it almost all of the time however.

You only get 90 days, IIRC for the 'trial' of Windows.

Cheapest way is sucking dick on the side of the road to save money for a license lol. Other than that, use the trial and just format when the trial period is up. This is against terms of service but eh, some people do it.

My laptop has been using Win 10 since November without activation or without me having to do rearm the trial.
But you're stuck with that 'activate now' watermark at the bottom of the screen.

I know there are torrents that provide pre-activated win 10s. Aside from them being illegal I doubt they receive updates though.

Last edited:
Well everyone knows the really cheap way of getting Windows... Hehe *cough* *cough* if u know what I mean :wink:

Back
Top Bottom