what would be the cause of locking up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had alot of problem with radeon, especially during game play if fastwrite and agp speed is set to 8x, my computer would just freeze, lock up or reboot itself. After turning the feature off I had no problem, plus I do not have dual channel running for my RAM configuration. My build is almost exact as yours instead its a vt7 MB with pentium 4.

well it froze 2 more times and randomly restarted on me... so i changed those settings back

im still haveing the problems... after all ive tried... it seems to do most of the locking up when the desktop starts to load....

should i just reformat it again? im at a loss... i dont know what to do

could my HD be going bad?? ive only had it for about 2 years, maybe less...

:(

I don't really think this is an Operational Issue... I think the reformatting will just waste your time. I think it has to be hardware, however im at a lost as to what it could be.

Do you have any spare parts you can get your hands on ?
I would probably start with the HDD.

i have plenty of spair hdd laying around... only thing is... is that theyre old school... i think most of them are under 10gb...

maybe it would be better just to get a new hdd... thats the only thing i didnt upgrade when i bought all my parts... the 20gb was from my first computer (used for data/mp3s) and the 120gb i bought from a friend when my other 20gb went haywire...

how long do hdd usually last anyways?

could this help...

i did this: right click my computer > manage > event viewer > applications...

found a few errors under there... but dont understand what theyre saying

(By the way, System Idle Process if a process which shows how much of your CPU is NOT being used. I don't think anyone answered that already, and it's not much help, but still. Thought you might want to know.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom