what will an ip changer do

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdoggisright

Beta member
i have 2 pc running off a router wired and i just want to know if i run an ip changer on one pc if it will change both pc's because they are on the same router

what do you mean by an IP changer...changing the IP to a static one? both pc's are most likely configured to obtain an IP address via DHCP from the router.

well this is the problem i have 2 pc and im trying to to play impirepoker .well i can play it but both pc cant play in the same room or if one pc enters a tournament then the other pc cant even if is a different tournament and we are under the same modem and router so i think it is because we have the same ip or if it is not that do you know how to be able to do this as in being able to play in the same room or in a tournament on both pcs
thanks for post

1. Using a proxy may be against the tournament rules.
2. Using a proxy will slow down your internet speeds.
3. They are not trully "anonymous" and I'm not sure on the legality for it.
4. Try google and search for "Proxy Lists" the first result should be "samair proxies"

Well even though you run thru a router your external IP address is the same for both PC's. That is the actual line provided by your ISP. That can only be changed by them. So when you connect to a tournament it logs your external IP address. Not the one your computer was assigned by the router.

So i highly doubt that both will be able to connect to the same tounament as both your IP's will be the same. Your external is what is detected. go to grc.com and try the shields up test. I can guarentee that from either PC it will show the same IP address. That is cause of the IP is the external one it detects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom