what are these two processes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
I just installed an MSI Nvidia GeForce MX 4000 video card. I know I know, some people are going to be like why that card...the system is almost 5 years old and I do not game, I just watch some DVD's and do some video/pic editing, but that's not the point. Anyways, I have two processes that are now running on start-up, they are sw20.exe and sw24.exe. I have googled them and am finding that people really dont' seem to know what they do. From what i see, they deal with overclockiing the card, which is something i know nothing about and will never do. My question is, can I stop these processes from starting up, should I even stop them? Has anyone on these boards stopped these processes on their machines? If i stop them, will my video card not work right?

so stopping those from running will not mess with my video card? What if i stop nwiz.exe?

Side note, i love that site. I ran across it one day a while back. Quite useful.

You'll probably be fine if you stop them. If they come back, check either the Startup folder on the Start menu, or msconfig (Start>Run type "msconfig") on the "startup" tab.

hdansjr said:
so stopping those from running will not mess with my video card? What if i stop nwiz.exe?

I leave this on so I can watch my card on my tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom