What is SP2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev2323

In Runtime
I am hearing ppl talk about SP2? What is this? I assume that it is a new OS, b/c I was told instead of upgrading to XP, wait for SP2. Whats the deal?

Matt

Service Pack 2 isnt a new OS, it is basically updates on your current OS. It fixes security issues and has updates for the latest technology.

The SP2 (Service Pack 2) you were told to wait for is, in fact, FOR Windows XP. It fixes plenty of bugs, incompatabilities, security issues, etc. You were told to wait because when SP2 comes out, you can then install XP and update with SP2 immediately rather than having to wait. The result is a more stable and secure Windows XP.

Sorry to confuse you! If you want to get XP now, go for it, you'll be able to download SP2 when it comes out. If you don't have a high speed connection, you might want to wait though, because it'll be around 100mb

I can get XP from my college for $10 (WinXP Pro) but I will have to wait till school starts. There, they have a T3 line, so I should be cool!

mramige said:
Sorry to confuse you! If you want to get XP now, go for it, you'll be able to download SP2 when it comes out.

..... nevermind... found the answer to my own question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom