what program do i use to make a pdf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I need to take a series of scanned images and combine them into one file that I can send in an email. I don't care what kind of format it's in. What is the easiest way I can combine these images into an easily sent and received file?

Hello,

CutePDF Writer is a free PDF creator which allows you to create a PDF document in the same way you would print normal documents. It acts as a printer, allowing you to print anything to a PDF document.

The problem with CutePDF Writer is that it doesn't have the ability to merge several separate documents into one PDF file, in other words, you can't create a multiple paged PDF file from several individual documents (but you can create a multiple page PDF document from one document).

BullZip PDF Printer is another free but more advanced PDF creator, which, unlike CutePDF Writer, has the capability to append / print to existing PDF documents, allowing you to create a multiple paged PDF document from several separate documents. It also allows you to choose where to integrate the new page(s), either at the top of bottom of the existing PDF document. I recommend using this PDF creator instead.

You could do this several ways. The easiest way would be to combine the images into one document before creating a PDF file. For example, you could insert the images into Microsoft Word, then print to PDF. You could also combine the images in a graphics editor first, and print to PDF there. Alternatively if you use BullZip PDF Printer, you could open the first image file, print to PDF, then append the other images to the existing PDF file.

Of course, if both you and your recipient(s) have Microsoft Office or OpenOffice, then you could just insert the images into a Word Document and send the file as is.

I use adobe acrobat and softscan's paperport or their pdf creator software

You could also just use Winzip/Winrar and send the archive. You never said if had to be a pdf-like document.

As jorsoft03 said use winzip/winrar/7-zip etc, no need to create a PDF.

OpenOffice can just export to PDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom