What problems have you had to date with Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torner

Beta member
What problems have you guys encountered with Vista? I had trouble hooking up to my wireless internet in my house, yet it worked with XP, and Vista really slowed down my machine (C2D, 1GB RAM, GeForce 7800).

I cant get all 4 sticks of memory to work (bsod) and i cant get all 3 video cards working at once. Thats all.

i can't get 1 app to work, open canvas

my sister and brother in law bought new vista laptops that can hook up to the homes wireless internet...know how to actually do that and you're good to go, hehe

ram is cheap...get some more, Vista runs smooth on 2 gbs.

compatability issues with webcam, odd crashes once in a while, games freeze alot.

Just a video driver causing a BSOD all the time. An update took care of it. The ATiTool driver messes up a lot, but that's not Vista's fault. Other various BSOD's that were caused by me, such as OCing my RAM too high. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing for me.

And I second throwing another gig of RAM in your computer.

ram is cheap...get some more, Vista runs smooth on 2 gbs.
I was going to argue that that's a relative statement, but I just saw that I can get a gig for about $27. You're right; it is cheap.

The only problems I've had are just the standard problems with hardware vendors not getting their stuff working. Like Lexmark not getting their all in one stuff working right.

Also, I have a lot of trouble shutting my computer down or restarting it. Vista hangs for a few minutes during shut down, then it finally starts shutting down.

sleeping mode is a problem for me, like waking up the computer, i just simply disabled it.

other than that, i've had vista on the first month of its release and it hasnt really gotten any problems or compatibility issues, of course i have 4gigs of ram now and everything i click is instant.

Couldnt get the dreaded "driver crashed but restarted successfully" thing to go away without disabling Aero, which is why I installed Vista in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom