What is a Photo Rendering Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
I just watched Alias last week and I was curious about the software that they used in order to enhance a blurry image. they used the term render. what is a photo renderer anyway and does it really exist?

Check out the attachment

Attachments

• hellfrozeover.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 74
Unfortunately there is no software in the world (afaik) that can unblur an image (remember the Hubble telescope?)................what can be done though is to use 'filters' or a selection of filters (known as a macro) to alter the image (eg a 'sharpen' filter will increase the contrast between dark and light areas giving the effect of a shrper image.........by the way modern TV's use a similar process to fool your eye into thinking the image is sharper than it really is).

Rendering is just redrawing the image with the effect (most good software will have a preview field to show before and after (usually on a muc reduced scale) before the actual render takes place.

i've seen this in the X-files show and many forensics/ espionage TV shows and movies. i do not know anything about this technology, but i have worked with photoshop many years and from what my gut is telling me this is 100% bullsh*t. you cannot enhance details to a level that high from a picture that never had those details in them. i'm sure you could enhance it a bit, but not THAT much.

that would be magic and is impossible to do. when i see this stuff on TV and movies like the show Alias with sydney briskow (the young woman who plays Electra in that movie Daredevil) i am just thinking to myself how full of sh*t it is.

your example doesn't convince me because anybody can just pixilate an original and fool somebody into thinking it was a "before" picture

Ahh....... I didn't see your photo attachment till now..........

......as I said before nothing in the world can unblur a blurred photo (as there is no other detail other than the blurred detail in such a photo) and as ekÆsine says that example of yours is pure bullshit........and your example isn't even blurred (by blurred I mean out of focus) its a pixelated low resolution copy of the original.........lacking any possible detail with which to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom