what OS do you own or prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really take care of my computer, i dont need free firewall or antivirus monitoring. I don't go to any weird sites, i do antivirus and antispyware scans once every week, and use LimeWire over Kazaa.

talldude123 said:
i really take care of my computer..........and use LimeWire over Kazaa.

LMAO!! using limewire is one of the worst things for any computer. I dont know what Kazaa is like but i would definetly use neither of them. Limewire is full of viruses and yeah you may do virus scans every week and i bet you find a few dont you? Or they are deleted when the file is downloaded. I would use Edonkey over anything as i have never had a virus from that EVER. Bitlord is also best for software.

depends on what you download, again.

I only get music, and i really look through the songs to make sure they are REAL MP3's...

Also, it's created on Java, not crap like Kazaa.

Yeah still music files can have viruses in them. Not as if they take up much space so can easily be hidden in. I would never use anything other than Bitlord for applications and software now. For music i would use Edonkey. Limewire is the devil! :p

I use UTorrent, as my machine crashes with LimeWire, most of the memory is used automatically!

Edonkey, is that good, what is it powered by? Java, or just the usual program lanaguage?

I have XP home installed on my Comp, only because an unsealed Version came with my computer when it was built, Had pro on it previously before it crashed. I prefer XP pro, reliable and fast with no fuss

as for Linux I own a verity of 48 Distros and tried about 45 of those these include Puppy Linux, Beatrix,Gnoppix,SUSE 9.1 Live
SUSE 9.1 Personal,SUSE 9.2 Live,SUSE 9.3 Live,Mandrake 9.2 Live
Sam 1.1,Free BSD,Xrandros,Dead CD,PCLinuxOS 9.1,.ATmission, Ubuntu install 5.04, Ubuntu Live 5.04, RH8, RH V5.?, Kubuntu Live
Memphis, Feather Linux, Slax, DSL, Gentoo Linux 2005 Linspire, Live, Kbuntu Full install, Mandriva/Mandrake 2.0, Mandriva/ Mandrake 2005, Games Knoppix, Morphix Compleate Gamer
STUX, Mandrake 9.2 install, Knoppix 3.9, DyneBloic 4.1. Fedora Core 4, Luit Linux, Vector Linux, Blag, Edubuntu, Edumorphix, CentOS 4.1, Kubuntu 5.10 install, .Ubuntu 5.10 install, ubuntu 5.10 Live, Knoppix 4.0.2 Live, Mandiva 2006,PCLinuxOS 9.2
Debian Sarge

Out of all those my pick is PCLinuxOS .92. Because put simply everything works out of the box with no configuration its onto one CD that can be used as a live or Install CD. Also although it is based on Mandrake, Texstar has made a sincere effort to move away ftrom a OS that has a 'clone look' with Individually packaged environments and applicvations. You don't need to pick and choose what you need, it is all preloaded, if you need extra programs you can download them using the Synaptic package manager. And one of the Biggest advantages is... It plays windows Media.

Jake

back to which OS's i own:

Red Hat Linux 9
Ubuntu Linux latest

Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows 98SE
Windows 2000
Windows ME
Windows XP Pro
Windows XP Home SP2

Macintosh System 7.5

own:

Win 3.11
Win 95 a + b
Win 98 SE
Win 2000 Pro, Server, Advanced Server >>>> Tripple Boot Disc
Win XP Home on laptop, Pro x64 on main rig
Win Server 2003 Enterprise x64
All Longhorn and Vista Builds execpt Beta 2 and unofficial leaked builds
Fedora 4 + 5 + 5 x64
Ubuntu "freezy badger" i386, Ubuntu "breezy badger" x86_64
SUSE 10, SUSE 10.1, SUSE 10.1 x86_64
Mandriva 10, Mandriva 2006 i386

Run:
SUSE 10.1
Windows XP Pro x64
Windows Server 2003

Trifid said:
Windows 2000 PRO or XP PRO.

Pointless thread me thinks as too many people will say XP. Should be changed to what version of Linux fo you prefere as it will at least be interesting.
Either way, it should be a poll...so we can, like, get results without having to count posts manually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom