What OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that system, you better off going with Puppy Linux or DSL. Using Win2000 isnt going to net you any better results and 98SE is no longer supported. So every flaw found that affects all versions of Windows over the past 2 years is still very much present in 98 as it was never patched. You would be far better off using a form of Linux than trying to run an out dated and insecure version of Windows.

Thanks Mak. Would I use the latest version of DSL/Puppy? I have DSL on a CD from a few years ago. Back when I was playing with several Linux distros.

I would get the latest. It will be less time consuming. If you use the old one you have then you will have to install all those updates to make it work properly and be secure.

Alright. The only thing is, it doesn't have wireless, nor a Ethernet port. I do have a PCIA (that right?) card on it, but it cannot use WPA2 wireless. I'll try my USB Network one.

EDIT-

While we're on the same subject, My CD-rom will not boot to any CD. Windows, Linux, even GParted. I have Boot order set to CD-Rom first. I think it used to have a floppy drive, but I do not know where that went to. It won't boot to my USB external, not to flash drive. PO*?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom