What is "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ EndurancE

In Runtime
I have Windows XP Home SP2, and Windows Update is asking me to install something called
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (248.3MB)

Does anyone know what this update does specifically? Or if it's really necessary?
Just curious.

~ Joe

Why don't you have SP3 on there...

And yes, like Lex said, you should install the .net framework updates. It's probably that big because he may not have v3.5 installed in the first place.

You WANT .NET Framework. You want the latest one at all times. It is the core for almost all of their current software and the latest versions of things like WLM and that might not run without this installed.

Most of the software and that being designed for Win7 will be based off of this framework.

Why don't you have SP3 on there...

And yes, like Lex said, you should install the .net framework updates. It's probably that big because he may not have v3.5 installed in the first place.

Well, while we're on the subject.... should I go ahead and install SP3 first?
I was holding off when it first came out becuase I seem to remember reading something about people getting hampered by bugs. :confused: Is that a thing of the past now?

Yea it's long gone, I think the main bug that caused all the ruckas was down to some older chip sets.

Yes, it's safe to install SP3 now. I've put SP3 on tons of old and new machines...no adverse affects yet.

You can do it in either order you want; doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom